To apply for the Community Catalyst Grant, applicants must be members of SPSP with current membership in good standing at time of application.
Your application will be evaluated based on its unique merit and capacity to promote and grow one of our underrepresented communities (including but not limited to: gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and race, disability).Preference will be given to application that:
- build community (expanding participants’ professional networks) and professional development skills.
- include activities that develop or build new communities within SPSP, and
- serve undergraduate students, graduate students, and/or junior scholars.
Priority will also be given to applications that are not continuations of formerly proposed programs.
RIDER ON USE OF FUNDS
Funds will be made available in one of two ways:
- Directly payable to another hosting/sponsoring entity OR the recipient’s university. If this method is chosen, a W9 from the payee will be required. Under this arrangement, SPSP is a sponsor and will not be legally or financially responsible for the conference and no contract should be signed under the auspice of SPSP, Inc.
- Funds hosted at SPSP. If this method is chosen, SPSP will be the host of the meeting and will assume contractual responsibility, including financial, legal and tax responsibility. Organizers will maintain control of the program content and will work with SPSP staff on budgets/contracts.
In either payment scenario, if the conference does not occur within 12 months of award, the funds must be returned to SPSP.